Up to £25k depening on experience
Best known for creating the world’s first sourdough doughnuts in 2014, Crosstown has grown into an omni-channel food brand with a cult-like following. The products now include handmade cookies, small-batch ice cream, specialty coffee and a curated gift offering. The business has maintained its progressive, innovative and move-fast mindset that has been a part of the company culture since inception. Crosstown has achieved significant online growth over the last 24 months. We are looking to maintain this positive momentum.
About the Role
We are looking for a detail-oriented person to join our production coordination team. This role involves working with all parts of the business so we’re looking for someone with excellent communication and organisation skills.
Each day at Crosstown, 364 days a year, a production document is put together which contains key instructions for the bakery, labelling, packing and logistics teams on what they need to do each day. The Production Coordinator role can be divided into the daily tasks which are required to put together the production document and bigger picture, project-based work.
– Putting the daily Production Document together. This document contains the production array, which shows the quantity and shapes of doughs the bakery need to produce, the packing slips which show the labelling and packing team how to prepare each order and delivery instructions our logistics team need to be aware of when delivering to a customer.
– Daily Order Count – a high-level report which shows the total number of orders placed online for the coming weeks and custom orders for the next day. This gives the Head of Production and Logistics an overview of busyness levels.
– Forecasting the best mix of doughnuts and cookies for our shops and markets. We have specific wastage targets in place. This project is a key focus for our team in the next 6 months.
– Inputting orders from online, custom orders and wholesale customers.
– Planning drivers’ routes using Onfleet. We have between 6-10 drivers on the road each day and plan routes using delivery software Onfleet to meet tight customer time requirements as well as making each route as efficient as possible.
– Organising shop equipment. Each of our 14 stores across London require daily top-ups of equipment based on the daily equipment sheet which we put together each day.
– Annotating the Production Array. This document contains all the information the bakers and pastry chefs need each night.
– Production email. The email includes an overview of time-sensitive orders, special custom orders to be aware of, the maximum number of late orders we can accept and any other important information.
– Analysing shop sales and wastage. We have specific wastage percentage KPIs and weekly reporting per shop and market location. We use the data from shop sales to gain insights on performance of doughnut and cookie flavours in order to hit wastage targets.
– Successfully launching new flavours and projects. We have various new products launching throughout the year and there are numerous tasks (for example, setting up the product on our ordering software) which need completing to ensure a smooth launch.
-Working with other members of the office to find efficiencies and improvements to current processes. As a growing company, things are always changing here at Crosstown, so we need to ensure our processes are adjusted to ensure things are working in the best possible way.
– Quick to learn new computer-based systems
– Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office specifically comfortable with Excel (able to create pivot tables)
– Organised and process-driven to work in a structured manor each day
– Clear communicator
– Good at working independently and problem-solving
– Ability to think critically and creatively
Salary and benefits
– Up to £25k per year depending on experience
– Bonus of up to £2k per year dependent on company and personal performance
– Based in our Shoreditch head office and our bakery in SW8. Once you’ve learnt the ropes, the option to split time flexibly across the office, bakery and working from home
– 5 shifts per week, with some weekends
– Additional day of holiday for every year of service, up to 33 days
– Join part of a small but growing and passionate team where you’ll feel appreciated and respected.
– Open company culture with a flat hierarchy and quick decision-making.
– Free doughnuts… obviously!
How To Apply
To apply, please email [email protected] with your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you think you would be suitable for this role, and why you would like to be part of the Crosstown team.