Finance & Commercial Director
Finance & Commercial Director (Full Time)
£75k – £100k + EMI Scheme
Crosstown is an award-winning bakery brand based in central London. Founded in 2014, the business has grown in reputation as the go-to premium doughnut and specialty coffee concept with a cult-like following. Crosstown is a modern-day brand, operating at over twenty locations throughout London via stores, markets and food trucks, as well as having online, events and wholesale revenue streams.
The business has maintained constant double-digit YoY growth since launch, with recent year-end figures at £5.5m. Crosstown is in a scale-up stage and an ethos of having innovation at its heart. The business currently has over 130 staff across the bakery, logistics, retail and head office functions.
We are looking for an experienced and proven Finance & Commercial Director to lead the Finance and broader Head Office Commercial function, directly supporting the founders who continue to run the business. This is a full-time role based at our offices in SW8. A start date by 4th May is preferable. Immediate availability also welcome. The business is looking for a long-term hire – someone who has a desire to progress in a business that has continues to have significant growth opportunity.
If you are a suitable candidate, you have been a pivotal part of a fast growing scale-up multi-site retail business. You ideally have experience within an omni-channel brand that has had e-commerce in it’s realm. You have had direct responsibility for BoardPack reporting, and have experiences working alongside c-suite/founders. You are a proven self-starter and can manage multiple tasks whilst maintaining quality and attention to detail. You are comfortable wearing a number of hats to get the job done and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves. This is a multifaceted hands-on role that requires a generalist skillset, backed up with a proven skillset in accounting. You have a track record showing loyalty and steady employment.
• Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy.
• Highly efficient and comfortable working with multiple priorities and multiple deadlines on an ongoing basis.
• Highly organised and enjoy structure & systems – you like to create and keep to a schedule.
• A strong communicator and supportive. The majority of your interaction is with other staff members who are not accountants or in your field.
• Comfortable working within a business that is seeing ongoing dynamic change.
• A love for processes and systems. You like to identify operational efficiencies and streamlining where possible.
• Pro-active and an autonomous worker that enjoys scale-up pace.
• Comfortable with senior responsibility and accountability.
Responsibilities and outputs:
• To produce management reports & budget for Directors/Board in a timely manner and give strategic analysis on variances and KPI’s – there is an existing format that will need to be followed (and evolved).
• Complete monthly payroll for salary and hourly paid staff to produce the hourly and overtime reports (BrightPay) – to include RTI submission and pension submission to Nest portal. (Leading the sourcing of an external resource to assist in Payroll may be an option).
• Ensure the appropriate integration of new IT systems – i.e. HR, Contracts, Payroll, EPOS.
• Approval and management of supplier payment runs and VAT returns on a monthly basis.
• Manage all levels of compliance including HMRC, Pension regulator and external accountant relationships. Liaising with external accountants to produce year end accounts and R&D claims.
• Management of direct reports, ensuring clear mentorship and progression.
• Regular ongoing support to the founders.
• Be a fully qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA/ACMA/CIMA)
• Expert-level experience with Sage 50 Accounts, Xero Accounts (and Brightpay payroll software would be a strong advantage)
• Expert excel skills, including the ability to run complex automated functions, macros and modelling
• Proven experience working with a multi-faceted retailer with multi-sites
• Prior experience within a scale-up business.
• Prior experience of managing staff in a small team.
• Checkable work references
£75-100k + EMI scheme.
To apply, complete the application form at the link below. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
*No recruitment agents*